#np: Slipped Away ~ Avril Lavigne
I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't
Sometimes, you're just too sad to cry,
too sad to function.
You just smile to say "I'm fine".
The whole day you'll be smiling,
but once you're alone,
things that you've been avoiding in your head,
come and haunt you.
the things I do for the people I care about,
it brings absolutely no benefit to me.
Well, maybe I'm hoping you won't walk away from me,
like many people do.
But I do it for you.
I don't know, maybe you're just like super stubborn,
or maybe you just think I'm not worth listening to.
God, I would just appreciate it if you'd think about it.
For a split second there, I thought you were gonna think.
But I was wrong.
You say that we're trying to change your mind.
We're not.
We just said those things so that you'd be careful,
so that you won't get hurt.
We'd have supported any decisions you make, but with our words in your head.
sigh...
Honestly, I don't wanna care.
Don't ask me to care.
Do whatever shit you wanna do.
Do whatever shit you wanna do.
Hate me for all I care.
I just miss the old you.
and also the old me.

xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment